Friday, March 14, 2014

Food love

I tend to complain quite a lot about the way British people cook and how different it is from the food I grew up eating. However I recently have become obsessed with baked potatoes. Weird I know, but they are my new favourite food. Yesterday I found the best baked potato in the world.

On commercial road in Portsmouth you'll find a stall with a massive oven manned by a really friendly lady. This lady is a goddess when it comes to baked potatoes. For £3.50 you can either get a giant baked potatoe rammed full of your choice of topping or half full with two different toppings. I can't quite remember what all the topping were but I got a tuna and sweet corn jacket and Dnny got a veggie chili and cheese one.

These were by far the best baked potatoes I've ever had. I'm quite glad I don't work anywhere near commercial road otherwise I would probably be having these for lunch everyday. We had a little chat with the owner of the stall. Turn out she has been doing this for over 20 years. Explains how she has perfected the art of the baked potato. 

So if you are ever around this are do stop by and have a little taste. You won't be disappointed...

No comments:

Post a Comment